Besides being beneficial for skin and hair health, it turns out olive oil can relieve constipation. Constipation or difficulty defecating will usually be overcome by taking laxatives sold on the market. But, did you know that regularly consuming olive oil can also relieve your constipation? Before that, you can visit healthtippshub to know more essential oil that can cure your constipation. If you are looking for constipation you can visit https://www.walmart.com .
A study conducted by scientists from Spain in 2006 found that of 314 people with constipation aged 55 years and over, 97% were given intake of olive oil, and 2.7% were only given regular laxatives. What is the result? Study participants who consumed olive oil regularly experienced smooth bowel movements than those who only relied on laxatives.
How can olive oil launch bowel movements?
– Olive oil acts as a laxative that lubricates the intestines to facilitate digestible food moving through the large intestine.
– Unsaturated fats in olive oil will strengthen the mucus layer of the weakened intestine, and increase the speed of the intestine to immediately process food, preventing constipation.
– Olive oil, which is rich in vitamins E and K, antioxidants, omega 3, and fatty acids, stimulates contractions of the large intestine to make feces easier to remove. In addition, the beneficial ingredients in olive oil can also improve the health of the digestive tract.
– The fat content in olive oil functions to push the gallbladder to release digestive enzymes to quickly digest the food that enters.
– Olive oil inhibits the effects of oxidative stress which affects the production of bile in the liver.
– Olive oil is also stable in an acidic environment (in digestion) caused by the bacterium Helicobacter pylori. These bacteria can trigger cancer and boil on the lining of the abdominal wall and constipation is one of the symptoms.
The following are some ways to relieve constipation with olive oil:
1. Swallow raw olive oil directly
Take 1 tablespoon of olive oil every morning, when your stomach is still empty. Do it also at night before going to bed. Follow this method every day for several weeks until it starts to feel smooth bowel movements.
2. Combine olive oil with daily drinks
If you do not like or have difficulty swallowing one tablespoon of olive oil directly, it can be combined with other healthy drinks.